Hi and Thanks for visiting my Sponsor Me Page.
I'm running the Edinburgh Marathon on 26th May 2013 as part of Royal Mail's bid to support our charity of the year Prostate Cancer UK.
Here are some facts
· Prostate cancer kills one man every hour
· Prostate Cancer is already the most common cancer in men and it is predicted to become the most prevelent of all cancers in the UK by 2030.
· The best blood test for identifying prostate cancer is unreliable at best and if identified at a late stage there is no cure for prostate cancer.
· Men are rubbish at talking about their health, especially when it involves anything "below the belt"
· I don't mind running 26 miles it’s the 385 yards at the end that hurt.
· The pain suffered is miniscule compared to the pain and suffering a prostate cancer suffer and his family have to go through
· I am 44, not exactly svelte and enjoy a pie and a pint, so by donating and me running, you are doing me a favour too by helping me stay in shape, its easy to find excuses not to train, this really does spur me on.
Please, dig deep and donate whatever you can, however small, to help us fight, research and curb the rising instances of this truly debilitating disease. I can’t promise to break any records, but I do promise I will give the run everything I’ve got.